Sunday, April 8, 2012

Readers Favorite 5-Star Book Review ...

Maria's Duck Tales is a lovely little book filled with stories that warm the heart, make you want to laugh and sometimes cry. This is a record of one woman's experiences as she cares for the loveable wildlife in her own back yard. The ducks, geese, squirrels and dogs that called her yard home all had a story to tell. I was easily transported into Maria's world. I could envision angry geese honking trying to protect their nest and anxious little baby ducks pecking at her legs for "duck soup." I think it's remarkable that one person could open up their world to wild life and then share that world with the rest of us. Even the "war" for her vegetable garden warmed my heart and I was happy when she found a suitable solution.

Maria's Duck Tales is well written, well balanced, well illustrated and an excellent read. The stories flow nicely and I even found myself recognizing the animals’ names. I cheered them on when they were sick and hoped that she'd find the ones who were lost. This book was quite enjoyable and would make an excellent read for a leisure afternoon. I'm sure many animal lovers would be happy to hear the tales of her furry and feathery friends. I'm happy that this lady found a way to live alongside nature and even help it along. Perhaps this book will inspire others to do the same. I highly recommend this book.
                                                                      Reviewed by Joana J.  for Readers Favorite   

No comments:

Post a Comment